页面

2012年8月25日星期六

CLOUD ATLAS



"Friday  the Fifteenth  
"We made the sail with the morning tide. I have been quarantined to a storeroom away from other passengers and crew. All I want to do now is return to home."


"My dear Sixsmith:
"I am desperated need of your help. I got hooked on journal written in 1849 by a dying lawyer during a voyage from a Pacific isle to San Francisco.Half the book is missing. It's completely killing me.A half-finished book is after all a half-finished love affair. "


"What are you reading?"
"Old letters."
"Why do you keep reading them?"
"I don't know. Just trying to understand why we keep making the same mistakes over and over." 

"Our lifes and our choices each  encounter ..."

"Luisa Ray, Spyglass Magazine."
 "Right."

"...suggests a new potential direction."

"That's it. The music form my dream."
"I call it the Cloud Atlas Sixtet. There are whole movements that I wrote imagining us meeting again and again in different lives ans different ages. "

"What, what are you doing here?" 

"We cross and re-cross our old tracks like figures skaters."
"The love of my life. What had happened to her?" 

"I can't explain it, but I knew when I opened the door."
  
"I heared it in my dream. I was in a nightmarish café blaning bright lights... underground and no way out.And the waitresses...they had the same face."

 "Welcome to Papa Song's."

"No reason to hide. I know you are Sonmi-451."

"Yesterday, my life was headed in one direction. Today , it headed in another."

"You ever think the universe was against you."

"What the fu--"
"Where's our money?"
"The law says--"
 "Law!"
"Ha ha--"

"Fear. Belief. Love.  Phenomena that determine the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after our perish."

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness,  we birth our future."

"I have begun to fear. and may never hold my beloved Tilda in my arms again."

"The problem you create is a political one."

"Yesterday, I believe I would never have done what i did today.  I feel like something important has happened to me. Is this possible?  I just met her and yet. I have fallen in love with Luisa Rey."

"You've saved me twice now."
"You fall. I'll catch you."

"There's a natural order to this world an those who try to upend it do not fare well."

"I believe there is another world waiting for us, Sixsmith.  A better world. And I'll be waiting for you there."



没有评论:

发表评论